Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A successful experiment :)

Hey everyone!

The other day I needed a old-looking letter for a prop. The paper needed to be kind of crumpled and tan, so here's what I did:


First, I poured some cold coffee into a cookie sheet and placed a piece of white typing paper into it.




Then I sloshed it around a little bit to make sure the whole thing was going to get colored. I let it sit for a couple hours.



Then I crumpled it, and rung it out over the sink. Then I put it in the microwave until morning when I took it out...


Here's the difference between the paper I colored and a piece of typing paper...


Then I folded it in fourths, and tied a piece of twine around it to finish it off.


1 comment:

Emily said...

One of my besties and myself like to write letters to each other and sometimes we do it "old fashioned." We both do calligraphy, though using markers is *way* less messy than using ink, etc. Anyhow... We've used the match method of making paper look old. I think I'm going to have to give coffee a try. LOL The matches can be rather dangerous. Once I got a letter that was basically the size of half a sheet of paper... the top half had all been lost to flame. =P
Yeah... coffee is probably much safer. =)