Thursday, January 20, 2011

3 in 1 Costume

Hello everyone!

About two weeks ago I wanted to make a costume, but I couldn't decide what costume I wanted to make, but i had three ideas... 1. I wanted (and needed) to make a costume for the character I'm playing (Fidelia) in a movie that my friends and I are making... 2. A Lucy Voyage of the Dawn Treader costume... 3. And a costume from my favorite character (Talia) in the Kingdom audio series. But then I noticed that all three costumes are quite similar, so I made them all at once.
Here's what I made...

  • Dark green pants
  • A off-white, long-sleeved tunic
  • A long Dark green sash
  • A light brown sash
I also wore dark brown boots, and a brown belt with it.


Here's close-ups of the trim I used for the neckline, and the end of the sleeves on the tunic...






I don't wear either sash for Talia's costume...


Here's the VOTDT costume (I am going to make the vest soon)...



And for the other costume I take away the belt and brown sash and add the dark green one, and tie it off to the side


To make it I used a nightgown pattern that we already had in our house for the tunic, I just shortened it, made the sleeves longer and wider, and added my own little touch to the bottom of the sleeves, I found the trim here too.I bought the fabric at a yard sale for REALLY cheap, I think the whole costume cost me $2.00 :) Toodles!

No comments: