Friday, January 21, 2011

Of treasure hunting and homemade stencils

For someone like me, always wanting to try some new costume or craft. Yard sales are a key place to hunt for treasures. At one church-wide sale I got probably around 20 yards of all different kinds of fabric for $15!

A few months ago my Mom found a role of leather nearly three feet wide, and almost five feet long in a FREE box at a yard sale! My Dad and I are going to make a couple pairs of arm guards and two quivers out of it.



I found these leather straps snooping around in craft boxes.


Now for the homemade stencils. I wanted to do some designs on a costume I'm making, but I couldn't find any that had the kind of designs I wanted, so I folded a piece of paper in half (To make it symmetrical), drew my design, then cut it out...



Then I traced it onto a piece of green poster board to make it stiff...








No comments: